Do you enjoy working in a team, getting exercise and want to work for one of the best Montreal moving companies? Déménagement Hermes is seeking part-time and full-time movers and drivers to join our dynamic team of professional and friendly movers. Your role will consist of moving furniture from residential and commercial locations, wrapping, packing, disassembling/ reassembling, deliveries. etc. Jobs can range from partial moves to full house moves or an entire office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or using basic material handling equipment
- Wrap furniture in protective material
- Operate dollies and other loading equipment to load and unload materials onto and off trucks and loading docks
- Demonstrate customer service and professionalism when dealing with clients and their property
- Perform other activities such as opening containers and crates, assist in taking inventory and weighing and checking materials
- Assist with other tasks on the job site as required
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Communicate in English or French
- Committed to the customer’s satisfaction and exceed customer’s expectation
- Willing to learn and take directives from supervisor
- Be professional and stay calm under pressure
- Be a team player and work in harmony with peers
- Be able to lift heavy items (at least 80 lbs) for extended periods of time while balancing, climbing, kneeling, walking, etc.
- Use logic and problem-solving skills to tackle moving challenges
Additional requirements for driver-mover
- Must have a clean driving record and full G license.
- At least 1 year of experience driving 20 and 26-foot trucks.
- Complete a pre-departure inspection report for the equipment and the truck
- Cell phone is required for communication
- Prepare invoices and collect payments
The rate is based on experience. We offer onsite training! You will also receive tips from satisfied clients.